The Miles Davis standard “So What” has been a modal jazz touchstone for 55 years, providing the harmonic canvas for myriad improvisations and reinterpretations.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 28 March 1997
Friday 21 March 1997
Friday 07 March 1997
Saturday 22 February 1997
Friday 13 September 1996
Friday 09 August 1996
Sunday 17 December 1995
Sunday 19 November 1995
Friday 11 August 1995
Friday 02 June 1995
Sunday 30 October 1994
Bass Clef will dance to a new beat: Helen Nowicka meets Ed Piller, founder of Acid Jazz Records, who describes his plans for a more diverse arts, music and cultural centre
Thursday 01 September 1994
Sunday 17 July 1994
Tuesday 05 July 1994
Monday 20 December 1993
New UK station Russia Today gives a very bizarre view of Britain
By performing as African Americans or Indians, white people get to play act a kind of 'imaginary liberation', writes Michael Mark Cohen
New essay by JK Rowling went live on Pottermore site this morning
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it