Tinie Tempah was one of the celebrity names at Newbury yesterday, jockeys' temper one of the talking points. An incident in which Timmy Murphy was injured after coming to blows with fellow-rider Dominic Elsworth on Friday is to be investigated by the British Horseracing Horseracing Authority, with a hearing scheduled for Thursday. The men could face charges of bringing the sport into disrepute.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 28 December 2009
Sunday 29 November 2009
Thursday 26 November 2009
Friday 23 October 2009
Monday 31 August 2009
Sunday 26 April 2009
Sales of Rémy Martin's luxury cognacs are up 10 per cent over last year, despite le credit-crunch, according to Stephen Carroll, global market director for the family-owned cognac house. In the year to March, Rémy Martin recorded a turnover of €818m (£738), holding on to its ranking as the second-biggest cognac brand in the world.
Monday 02 March 2009
For National Hunt trainers, this is the longest week of the year. Still another eight days to mess up before the Cheltenham Festival, and 101 different ways to do so. But the skirmishes and manoeuvres of the weekend, on and off the track, allowed no doubt that the phoney war is almost over, and heavy artillery finding its range.
Sunday 15 February 2009
Tuesday 30 December 2008
Someone more seasoned in the fluctuations of his chosen vocation might have been tempted to take Robbie Hennessy aside here yesterday and offer some quiet counsel. Not, perhaps, that it would all be downhill from here; but certainly to savour the moment, because joys like these tend to become brief succour against a perennial state of siege.
Sunday 30 November 2008
Monday 28 April 2008
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail