James’s ghost stories are almost like Hammer horror films in their status and predictability: we know too much now of the genre to be surprised by what happens in any of them, but that doesn’t lessen the pleasure of reading them.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 24 May 2003
Friday 24 January 2003
Saturday 23 November 2002
Sunday 27 October 2002
Tuesday 18 June 2002
Friday 28 April 2000
Tuesday 02 November 1999
Tuesday 21 September 1999
Thursday 10 June 1999
Tuesday 23 September 1997
Tuesday 06 October 1992
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'