Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 02 December 2008
Coldplay was the hottest iTunes album download this year: Its "Viva la Vida" was crowned the best-selling album of 2008, while Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love" was named the top-selling single.
Sunday 30 November 2008
It is hard to beat the 730d in BMW's 7-series. It's agile and frugal ... a real über-saloon
Friday 28 November 2008
iTunes couldn't work for Apple without Digital Rights Management (DRM), as then you could buy a song once and pass it on to three million people. The music companies Apple uses to supply content to the iTunes store would totally spit the dummy.
Sunday 23 November 2008
Bargain Hunter: MyVoucherCodes.co.uk; P&O Ferries' excursion to Calais; Ask two-for-one discounts; free iTunes voucher
Saturday 15 November 2008
* First to a fantastic website I stumbled across earlier this week, MyVoucherCodes.co.uk. The site gathers the cream of the week's reductions in one place, allowing you to simply browse a list of discounted desirables, print off a voucher and bag yourself a real bargain.
Wednesday 29 October 2008
Friday 26 September 2008
It was a surprise when the album-orientated Radiohead scored a success on the singles chart with "Nude" in April, but less so if you consider the publicity their remix project generated. Fans were encouraged to obtain the five parts to "Nude" (bass, drums, guitar, strings and voice) and to rework the song via the Garageband program before uploading it to www.radioheadremix.com to be voted on. The genius of the project was that each part cost 79p on iTunes, so that 2,000 fans who took part paid almost £4 for them and a further 79p for the single.
Monday 22 September 2008
Apple introduced the Genius feature into iTunes 8 last week, but I didn't really understand the full cleverness of it until Marcus Annett from Apple Pacific ran through it for me.
Tuesday 16 September 2008
Thursday 11 September 2008
Thursday 21 August 2008
Saturday 16 August 2008
Wednesday 06 August 2008
In last Wednesday's Extra we looked at the way that audio technology has supposedly compromised the listening experience. But reader Andrew Wimble made a point that our feature didn't address: "For a long time after I got my iPod it was switched to random play, so I never listened to whole albums."
Saturday 19 July 2008
Wednesday 04 June 2008
Apple today launched a new service that allows customers to download films from the iTunes website on the same day they are released on DVD.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says