Dappy apparently signed a £100,000 deal for the latest series of the show
Like this page on Facebook for updates
<a href="http://blogs.independent.co.uk/independent/2008/09/mixtape-karen-d.html" target="_blank">MixTape: Karen Dalton, the original folkstress</a>
Friday 26 September 2008
In this age of folk revivalism, I would like to bring to your attention Karen Dalton who is an unsurpassable folk and blues singer.
Sunday 10 February 2008
Since Emma Kirkby's first recording in the late-1970s, we have known what to expect from Dowland's lute songs. Some fine discs have followed, but not until Mark Padmore and Elizabeth Kenny's new release has there been one as radical in its potential impact on our understanding of the music. With tonal purity intact, voice and lute add subtle decoration, rhythmic fluidity, drama and rich poetic sensibility to these songs, using Craig Ogden's expressive performance of Britten's 'Nocturnal' as their foil. Odd to hail "Come again" as the highlight, but the vivid reading of this ostensibly simple song is a revelation.
Saturday 28 August 2004
John Hodson, the chief executive of Singer & Friedlander, has announced his retirement from the banking and fund management group after 35 years with the company.
Tuesday 24 August 2004
Wednesday 16 September 1998
Tuesday 09 June 1998
Tuesday 16 April 1996
Sunday 10 March 1996
Saturday 18 February 1995
Saturday 28 January 1995
Sunday 25 September 1994
Wednesday 03 August 1994
Tuesday 19 July 1994
Friday 13 May 1994
Sunday 10 April 1994
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow