Anyone who's seen Watt-Roy play bass with the Blockheads, before or after Ian Dury, will know what a star he is.
American Roots Music
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 01 December 2011
Dirty Jeans And Mudslide Hymns is full of typical John Hiatt tropes: old-timers and hard times, devotion and desperation, in roughly equal measure.
Sunday 06 November 2011
Everybody needs Tim Buckley in their life, for self-medication as well as entertainment.
Friday 07 January 2011
This book is a powerful argument for the resuscitation of an all but dead journalistic genre: the long feature. "Women and Children First", Jack's exploration of a detail of the Titanic disaster, runs to 27 pages and you would not want it a word shorter.
Sunday 05 September 2010
It was in Britain 62 years ago that the Paralympic movement was born. It is now less than two years until it returns home for the London Games, an event that Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson, the country's most decorated Paralympian, sees as a "watershed" moment for disabled sport in the UK and one that can showcase the abilities of disabled people to its widest ever audience.
Monday 17 April 2006
Monday 08 August 2005
Friday 28 January 2005
Friday 21 January 2005
Friday 05 November 2004
Friday 16 July 2004
Friday 09 January 2004
Friday 17 October 2003
Saturday 20 September 2003
Friday 01 August 2003
Thursday 29 May 2003
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough