Tracey Emin's transformation from establishment-shaking rebel to middle England treasure appears complete after the artist was chosen to feature in a new Marks & Spencer advertising campaign featuring “outspoken women”.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 02 May 2008
A mistress of the ambivalent, the American photographer Annie Leibovitz has a talent for catching a cultural mood in her portraits, while exploiting it at the same time. Her photograph of Demi Moore, nude and heavily pregnant, pointed up celebrity exhibitionism, but in an oddly flattering manner. Arnold Schwarzenegger, stripped to the waist astride what looked like a Lipizzaner stallion, managed to be both quasi-fascistic and yet oddly affectionate. Her latest portrait, a controversial semi-nude shot of the 15-year-old star Miley Cyrus, captures that moment of adolescence which is both knowing and yet childishly innocent.
Friday 29 February 2008
It was a black moment for Peter Fincham last October when he was forced to resignas controller of BBC1 over the "Crowngate" affair involving a misleading press trailer for a documentary about the Queen.
Sunday 17 February 2008
Friday 15 February 2008
If the tone of this documentary about the celebrated photographer is rather too reverential, that's because it was made by her younger sister Barbara.
Sunday 27 January 2008
Review: The Queen and TV just don't understand one another. And this sometimes insultingly simplistic documentary didn't help at all
Sunday 02 December 2007
Monday 04 May 1998
Wednesday 19 November 1997
Sunday 12 October 1997
Friday 24 January 1997
Saturday 23 September 1995
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial