Jumbo the elephant was a Victorian sensation, who between his birth in modern-day Eritrea and alcoholic death in the American circus of the incorrigible showman PT Barnum was the star attraction at London Zoo.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 07 May 2006
Friday 03 February 2006
Sunday 06 November 2005
Friday 02 September 2005
Monday 22 August 2005
Friday 19 August 2005
Wednesday 17 August 2005
Sunday 13 March 2005
Friday 21 January 2005
Friday 07 January 2005
Friday 01 October 2004
Wednesday 22 September 2004
Sunday 05 September 2004
Monday 28 June 2004
Tuesday 22 June 2004
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine