Damien Hirst has today unveiled a new spot painting based on Disney character Mickey Mouse.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 10 February 2008
Hussein Chalayan's designs are embraced not only by the world of fashion, but by the art establishment too. Last year Andrew Graham-Dixon presented a documentary on his work for BBC2's Culture Show. "His work is as close to contemporary art as you can get," the esteemed critic argued, and anyone who has been privileged to witness the designer's breathtakingly original, high-concept womenswear presentations over the past 15 years will know just why.
Sunday 10 February 2008
Wednesday 09 January 2008
The plinth in the north-west corner of Trafalgar Square was intended to be occupied by an equestrian statue of William IV. But the work was never commissioned because of a lack of funds. That is unfortunate for William; but his loss has been our gain.
Tuesday 01 January 2008
Wednesday 15 November 2006
Sunday 09 July 2006
Friday 11 November 2005
Tuesday 27 September 2005
Friday 01 July 2005
Friday 24 June 2005
Thursday 17 March 2005
Monday 29 November 2004
Tate Modern refused an offer by Charles Saatchi to donate his entire £200m collection of modern art, Britain's leading arts patron claimed yesterday.
Tuesday 23 November 2004
The Baltic centre for contemporary art has been plunged into uncertainty after its second director in two years quit the £46m gallery.
Monday 25 October 2004
Monday 18 October 2004
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations