When you're hot … Nile Rodgers has every right to do this in the glow of his Daft Punk moment, namely to rake the coals of his august 1970s/1980s Chic "Organization" – less a disco group than a business model, more an aesthetic code than a production style.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 10 January 2010
A "tribute" album of sorts, to the late Jeffrey Lee Pierce of the Gun Club; except that in place of individual artists doing new interpretations of JLP songs, a coterie of friends combine to finish a batch of tunes demoed roughly by Pierce with one Cypress Grove.
Friday 04 December 2009
These never-before-seen photographs of Blondie's Debbie Harry reveal the "Heart of Glass" singer perched on her friend, the cult designer Stephen Sprouse, who helped create her pop-punk image.
Friday 06 November 2009
If you had your portrait taken by Rankin, would you turn round and destroy it? Didn't think so. And yet, that's exactly what 73 musicians have done for Destroy Rankin, part of the 10th anniversary celebrations for Youth Music Charity. Alex James has given an old Dazed & Confused cover a lavender and thyme hairdo and beard; Alanis Morissette has burned a hole in hers, and Alex Zane has used his medical-school training to turn half his face into a colourful skin and bones zombie.
Monday 28 September 2009
Brooklyn's latest hip exports would not have taken long to feel at home on this leg of their current tour. They were playing a part of town full of diners displaying that squirty Yank mustard on every table and offering extravagant brunches.
Thursday 30 July 2009
Thursday 18 June 2009
Friday 13 March 2009
Style icons rarely make good pop stars, but pop stars can make magnificent style icons.
Sunday 30 March 2008
Wednesday 12 March 2008
Sunday 22 August 1999
Sunday 01 August 1999
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial