Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 15 October 2009
There have been several impressive recording debuts but few, if any, have shown more confidence than 24-year-old Al Martino's 1952 performance of the romantic ballad, "Here In My Heart". Back then, a singer had to perform along with the orchestra and nothing could be changed afterwards. Martino soared to the top of his range for a thrilling top E, equalling anything his friend, Mario Lanza, had done.
Sunday 30 August 2009
Dragon's Den star James Caan plans to build a £140m canalside apartments scheme in north west London.
Sunday 30 August 2009
Saturday 27 June 2009
Cashing in on a belief in free markets
The Economist arrives, with the curious omission of almost any coverage of the latest row over City bonuses.
Monday 18 August 2008
Friday 18 July 2008
About 50 minutes into The Godfather, just after the "sleeps with the fishes" scene, Mafia henchmen Clemenza and Rocco get into a car with Paulie. They intend to kill him.
Monday 07 July 2008
Thursday 17 January 2008
Tuesday 28 December 1999
Friday 30 July 1999
Sunday 28 February 1999
Tuesday 12 January 1999
Monday 22 December 1997
Sunday 16 June 1996
Friday 17 May 1996
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers