Celia Paul is the least noisy portrait painter in oils imaginable. Her subjects - which usually tend to be relatives, close friends or herself - exist within a kind of religiose hush of rapt self-absorption.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 29 June 2005
Saturday 11 June 2005
Friday 03 June 2005
Sunday 13 February 2005
Monday 07 February 2005
Friday 29 October 2004
A union of high art and popular culture is set to make up to £3.5m. A portrait by Lucian Freud of the supermodel Kate Moss - almost unidentifiable in the early stages of pregnancy - is to be sold two years after it was completed.
Wednesday 06 October 2004
Sunday 28 March 2004
An historic art collection, which has been on display for the past 100 years, is being removed to make way for a major new exhibition by Lucian Freud, Britain's pre-eminent living artist.
Sunday 28 March 2004
Monday 22 December 2003
Sunday 21 December 2003
Wednesday 10 May 2000
Sunday 28 November 1999
Saturday 07 August 1999
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees