Actor is the third 'Marlboro man' to die from a smoking-related illness
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 19 August 2009
Sunday 26 July 2009
Karl Malden: Actor known for his gritty film roles who found wider fame in 'The Streets of San Francisco'
Saturday 04 July 2009
Character actors, by definition, rarely stand out in the Hollywood crowd, unlike leading men whose chiselled features are etched in the public's consciousness. Karl Malden was the exception.
Thursday 02 July 2009
Karl Malden, the Academy Award-winning actor whose intelligent characterizations on stage, screen and television made him a star despite his plain looks, died Wednesday, his family said. He was 97.
Monday 29 June 2009
Sunday 28 June 2009
* While Neil Young belted out hits from his 30-year songbook on Friday night, bemused punters were treated to the sight of an oil painter with a canvas and easel at the side of the stage. The artist in question is one Eric Johnson, a Seattle-born painter who gets through some 11 paintings a set, as requested by Young. But why is the Canadian songsmith asking for them? Are they simply a more lasting alternative to the thousands of Twitpics of the singer that will be uploaded this weekend? The jury is still out.
Friday 22 May 2009
Tuesday 14 April 2009
Imitation, it seems, isn't always a form of flattery. Just ask Jan Ravens, the acerbic Dead Ringers impressionist, who has decided that she will not be "doing a Michelle" any time soon – for fear of offending her subject.
Friday 27 February 2009
The long-running legal row between the British composer Keith Burstein and London's Evening Standard is heading for the stage.
Thursday 20 November 2008
Poor Liam Byrne has put up with his fair share of flak this week, after details of his demands on civil servants were leaked to the media at the weekend.
Sunday 17 August 2008
Tuesday 12 August 2008
Mike Skinner has said that The Streets will make one final album after their next release, but he might come back for more when he was "40 and broke".
Friday 08 August 2008
Wednesday 16 July 2008
Sunday 11 May 2008
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more