Actor is the third 'Marlboro man' to die from a smoking-related illness
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 19 August 2009
Sunday 26 July 2009
Karl Malden: Actor known for his gritty film roles who found wider fame in 'The Streets of San Francisco'
Saturday 04 July 2009
Character actors, by definition, rarely stand out in the Hollywood crowd, unlike leading men whose chiselled features are etched in the public's consciousness. Karl Malden was the exception.
Thursday 02 July 2009
Karl Malden, the Academy Award-winning actor whose intelligent characterizations on stage, screen and television made him a star despite his plain looks, died Wednesday, his family said. He was 97.
Monday 29 June 2009
Sunday 28 June 2009
* While Neil Young belted out hits from his 30-year songbook on Friday night, bemused punters were treated to the sight of an oil painter with a canvas and easel at the side of the stage. The artist in question is one Eric Johnson, a Seattle-born painter who gets through some 11 paintings a set, as requested by Young. But why is the Canadian songsmith asking for them? Are they simply a more lasting alternative to the thousands of Twitpics of the singer that will be uploaded this weekend? The jury is still out.
Friday 22 May 2009
Tuesday 14 April 2009
Imitation, it seems, isn't always a form of flattery. Just ask Jan Ravens, the acerbic Dead Ringers impressionist, who has decided that she will not be "doing a Michelle" any time soon – for fear of offending her subject.
Friday 27 February 2009
The long-running legal row between the British composer Keith Burstein and London's Evening Standard is heading for the stage.
Thursday 20 November 2008
Poor Liam Byrne has put up with his fair share of flak this week, after details of his demands on civil servants were leaked to the media at the weekend.
Sunday 17 August 2008
Tuesday 12 August 2008
Mike Skinner has said that The Streets will make one final album after their next release, but he might come back for more when he was "40 and broke".
Friday 08 August 2008
Wednesday 16 July 2008
Sunday 11 May 2008
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 5 Man jumps into bear pen at zoo, fights bear and loses