Winning the TS Eliot Prize is hardly a matter of life and death. But the film of that name inspired Sinéad Morrissey to pen a collection which finally secured the UK’s most prestigious poetry prize for Belfast’s first poet laureate.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Poetry's unlikely heroine hates her most popular work Popular writer has more than one best-loved poem
Friday 11 October 1996
Saturday 14 September 1996
Saturday 03 August 1996
Friday 10 May 1996
Friday 03 May 1996
Monday 15 April 1996
Monday 29 January 1996
Monday 18 December 1995
Sunday 10 December 1995
Saturday 09 December 1995
Friday 01 December 1995
Sunday 26 November 1995
Friday 24 November 1995
Glyn Maxwell is one of poetry's rising stars. Now he wants to be taken seriously as a dramatist. What's he playing at?
Monday 06 November 1995
Monday 23 October 1995
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine