A bitter row over the existing skatepark has forced the centre to delay its £120m overhaul
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 29 January 2008
It's the mark of a truly proactive music director that their presence is felt even when they are not conducting. Vladimir Jurowski's first season in charge of the London Philharmonic has seen shrewd programming and some real collector's items – like Alexander Zemlinsky's tone poem Die Seejungfrau ("The Mermaid"), enthusiastically exhumed here under Emmanuel Krivine.
Saturday 22 December 2007
When Daniel Barenboim returns to the Royal Festival Hall in the new year, where he made his London debut at the age of 13, he is planning to launch an impassioned plea to educate young people about music.
Monday 16 October 2006
Last week I listened to...
Friday 29 July 2005
Thursday 08 January 2004
Wednesday 01 October 2003
Tuesday 02 September 2003
Thursday 15 May 2003
Saturday 21 September 2002
Sunday 14 July 2002
Wednesday 23 June 1999
Wednesday 10 March 1999
Saturday 06 March 1999
Tuesday 12 January 1999
Tuesday 05 January 1999
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry