Roger Pope was a dynamic, powerful, precise drummer who backed Elton John in concert and on several of the singer's most enduring recordings, including the 1971 ballad "Tiny Dancer'', the 1975 US No 1 "Island Girl'' and his first UK chart-topper, "Don't Go Breaking My Heart'', his irresistible 1976 duet with Kiki Dee.
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent