Mr Aamer, who has been cleared for release yet is stuck in 'legal limbo', is seen begging for prisoners to be treated like human beings
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 08 August 2008
The subtitle, "The Secret Life & Shameful Death of the Classical Record Industry", covers only the first half of this book, a snappy, though not cliché-free ("CBS was young, hungry and punching above its weight") account of the record business from 1945 to its current moribund state, as EMI Classics issues McCartney's "oratorio" (LA Times: "gives saccharine a bad name'").
Monday 21 July 2008
A federal appeals court today threw out a $550,000 indecency fine against CBS Corp. for the 2004 Super Bowl half-time show that ended with Janet Jackson's breast-baring "wardrobe malfunction."
Friday 16 May 2008
CBS, the US television and radio giant, is buying CNet Networks, the pioneering internet company best known for its technology industry news and reviews.
Monday 11 February 2008
Barack Obama has not even got to the Democratic convention but already some so-called political allies are predicting his death at the hands of enraged white supremacists.
Friday 02 June 2006
When you are ranked No 71 in the world you always need the luck of the draw. Tim Henman will be unseeded at Wimbledon later this month and could face the likes of Roger Federer or Andy Roddick in the first round. Even worse, he might be drawn against Dmitry Tursunov.
Monday 22 May 2006
Sunday 27 November 2005
Monday 31 October 2005
Saturday 01 October 2005
Thursday 08 September 2005
Tuesday 08 March 2005
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail