The comedian is on his Messiah Complex world tour
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 28 June 2009
Steven Soderbergh's four-hour Che Guevara biopic has been chopped into two halves, each of which concentrates on a guerrilla campaign.
Friday 19 June 2009
If you ever wanted to know what the blow-by-blow run-up to the 1959 Cuban Revolution was like, then here it is. In part one of this four-hour effort, Steven Soderbergh tells the definitive account of Che Guevara and Fidel Castro's painstaking campaign through the Cuban undergrowth, culminating in their assault on Havana, in all its regime-busting glory.
Sunday 14 June 2009
Monday 27 April 2009
Wednesday 18 February 2009
Sunday 11 January 2009
Sunday 04 January 2009
Sunday 28 December 2008
Thursday 10 July 2008
I'd always felt bereft at missing the original staging of Evita. Age-burnished memories of David Essex's superb version of "Oh, What a Circus", and a lasting impression of a charismatic Che Guevara with his wonderfully cynical smile, and a hatred of the current "Any Dream with Maria" telecasting obsession, left me underwhelmed at the prospect of seeing Seamus Cullen in the role. There is something desperate about a programme note that reads: "Best known for reaching the final 10 of the BBC's hit show Any Dream Will Do." Louise Dearman as Eva is also fighting against memories of the golden tones of Julie Covington and Elaine Paige.
Sunday 25 May 2008
Saturday 23 February 2008
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant