'I deeply regret what was said, and will always appreciate our viewers'
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 12 September 2008
Saturday 26 July 2008
ETS, the American firm responsible for the recent SATs marking fiasco, has now been put in charge of English language tests for immigrants. In other words, they will have the power to decide who is allowed to settle in this country under the Government's newly introduced regulations.
Friday 16 May 2008
* Political memoirs have made headlines this week, though it remains to be seen if that translates into sales. Back when the late Richard Crossman published his memoirs in the 1970s, politicians had something to say and weren't just doing it for the money; publishers would fall over themselves to sign them up. Times change, and this week Paddy Ashdown signed with Aurum Press, a tiny publisher whom agent Michael Sissons would once not even have considered. And this despite his book being "packed with both political revelations and wonderful anecdotes". Ken Livingstone is now on the market, agented by Curtis Brown MD Jonathan Lloyd, whose portfolio includes Jeffrey Archer and Edwina Currie. Whom will he persuade to come to the table?
Thursday 27 March 2008
Monday 11 February 2008
Saturday 08 July 2006
Swansea City 2 Barnsley 2 <i>(Aet; Barnsley win 4-3 on pens):</i> Colgan atones for clanger as Barnsley go up
Sunday 28 May 2006
Sunday 04 September 2005
Friday 22 July 2005
Sunday 29 August 2004
The latest instalment in the Improbable Adventures of Mark Thatcher must be unwelcome to both Tony Blair and Michael Howard as they prepare for the new political season. Howard's difficulty is perhaps more obvious than the Prime Minister's. The Conservative leader needs this kind of reminder of his party's past in the same way that he needs cartoonists to be reminded that his family come from Transylvania.
Sunday 29 August 2004
One of the most fascinating questions about the Equatorial Guinea affair is what role, if any, has been played by Jeffrey Archer. The disgraced peer issued a strangely worded denial earlier this month when it emerged that a credit transfer in the name of "JH Archer" had been made to Simon Mann's firm three days before the date allegedly set for the coup attempt.
Saturday 05 June 2004
Friday 21 May 2004
Sunday 18 April 2004
Monday 08 March 2004
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire