Rita Ora pulls out of Jonathan Ross Show appearance after breaking lockdown rules for 30th birthday party

Singer to be replaced by comedian Joel Dommett

Ellie Harrison
Wednesday 02 December 2020 15:20
comments
Piers Morgan and Lorraine Kelly criticise Rita Ora for lockdown birthday party

Rita Ora has pulled out of an appearance on this weekend’s episode of The Jonathan Ross Show after she broke lockdown rules, The Independent has learned.

The singer made a public apology earlier this week after it emerged that she threw a private 30th birthday party at a restaurant in London’s Notting Hill during lockdown.

Pictures in The Sun showed a number of celebrity guests arriving at Casa Cruz restaurant, including Cara and Poppy Delevingne, and Towie star Vas Morgan.  

A Met Police spokesperson said: “Police were called at 9.10pm on Saturday (28 November) to reports of a potential breach of Covid regulations in W11.”

In an Instagram Story, Ora said she was “embarrassed" and “deeply sorry” for breaking the rules.

ITV confirmed to The Independent that Ora will not be appearing on this Saturday’s show (5 December).

The singer has been replaced by comedian Joel Dommett on the line-up, which also includes Michael Palin, Kylie Minogue, Davina McCall and Mo Gilligan.

The Independent understands that Ora hopes to appear on the show before Christmas but it was mutually agreed that her appearance would be postponed.

The Jonathan Ross Show airs at 9.30pm on Saturday 5 December.

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments