Ant Middleton’s name taken down from Prince’s Trust website following SAS: Who Dares Wins exit

Presenter left the Channel 4 series at the start of the month

Louis Chilton
Thursday 11 March 2021 08:57
comments
Ant Middleton speaks on leaving SAS: Who Dares Wins

Ant Middleton’s name has reportedly been removed from the Prince’s Trust website after the presenter was dropped from Channel 4’s SAS: Who Dares Wins.

The trust confirmed they had stopped working with Middleton, who was accused of making “lewd comments” to women on the set of the programme, a while back.

Middleton had been a celebrity ambassador for the young people’s charity, and his name was previously listed among those who had supported the trust.

In a statement given to The Mirror, The Prince’s Trust said: “A decision was taken some time ago to no longer work with Ant Middleton.”

Middleton’s representative told press that the presenter “wholeheartedly and emphatically rejects the allegations” of personal misconduct.

Middleton laughing with Prince Charles during the opening of the Prince’s Trust’s South London Centre in December 2019

“Ant has worked on TV sets around the world for many years and has never at any point been accused of speaking inappropriately by anyone,” they said.

READ MORE: Ant Middleton blames ‘the PC woke patrol’ for SAS: Who Dares Wins exit

In a statement announcing Middleton’s departure from Who Dares Wins, Channel 4 claimed the broadcaster’s values no longer “aligned” with Middleton’s.

“Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct,” the statement reads. “It has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again.”

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments