Breaking Bad star reveals they won't appear in Jesse Pinkman sequel film

Aaron Paul currently sole cast member expected to return

Jacob Stolworthy@Jacob_Stol
Friday 14 June 2019 09:41
comments
Iconic 'Say my name' scene from Breaking Bad starring Bryan Cranston

One of the stars of Breaking Bad has seemed to reveal they won’t be in the forthcoming sequel to the series.

Earlier this year, it was announced that Vince Gilligan was developing a film that'll focus on Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) following the AMC series’s ending.

Paul is currently the only Breaking Bad cast member that’s been confirmed to return, although Bryan Cranston has a few ideas as to how Walter White could appear.

One actor who won’t be returning, though, is RJ Mitte who played White’s song, Walt Jr, in the show.

Ahead of his role in new film Standing Up for Sunny, Mitte spoke to the Sydney Morning Herald who reported that he will not be involved in the sequel.

He did reveal he’d be up for playing Walt Jr again should the opportunity arise.

“I miss that group,” he said. “I miss having a job like that.”

A new TV show in Egypt is facing criticism for seeming to plagiarise direct scenes and quotes from Breaking Bad.

The series is said to feature a Saul Goodman-inspired character who’s performed by someone who’s essentially copying the mannerisms of actor Bob Odenkirk.

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments