The no holds barred conversation will be broadcast in the US on Sunday (7 March) and, unfortunately for Unforgotten fans, in the UK the following evening (9 March).
Described by the US network CBS as an “intimate conversation”, the interview is said to cover “wide-ranging” topics.
It will be the first time they’ve been interviewed since they stepped away from their duties as senior royals in March 2020.
Despite having success in acquiring the interview, Winfrey is said to have previously failed in scoring a televised chat with Harry’s mother, Princess Diana, in the mid-1990s.
Winfrey, who attended Harry and Meghan’s wedding in 2018, reportedly once tried to get Diana to appear on her television series The Oprah Winfrey Show.
According to Darren McGrady, Diana’s former chef, Winfrey met with Diana at Kensington Palace to discuss the possible interview, which she reportedly said would be the “highlight of her career”.
However, she lost out to Martin Bashir, who interviewed Diana for BBC show Panorama.
In Bashir’s interview, which was viewed by around 23 million people, Diana spoke candidly about the unfaithfulness on both sides of her marriage with Prince Charles, her struggles with depression, bulimia and self-harm, and her fears the royal family and palace were scheming against her.
Media consultant Jonathan Gabay told Woman and Home: “Oprah missed an opportunity with Di that she clearly wants to get right with Meghan and Harry.”
Find all the details about Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey here.
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies