1. Which Persian king invaded Greece in 480BC?
2. Manama is the capital of which Gulf state?
3. Where can you currently see the work "Empty Lot" by the Mexican artist Abraham Cruzvillegas?
4. An Irish-American Hollywood actress who often starred opposite John Wayne died last month. What was her name?
5. The €2.24bn Spanish Christmas Lottery (Sorteo Extraordinario de Navidad) is better known by what name?
6. Pelmanism is a mental-training scheme and also a card game that aims to improve what?
7. How many pins are there on the back row in a game of tenpin bowling?
8. What actual colour is an aircraft's flight recorder, popularly known as the black box?
9. Which is the longest river in Scotland?
10. What is the name of the machine with a rapidly rotating container that is used to separate fluids of different densities?
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies