On Wednesday evening, the 32-year-old royal was dining inside Isabel in Mayfair with her husband, Edoardo Mozzi, and a group of four people from other households, photographs posted to social media and obtained by The Sun show.
London is currently under tier 2 restrictions, which means that people from other households are banned from mixing in indoor settings, including restaurants.
However, the capital city is on the brink of being placed in tier 3, with new government data showing that London’s coronavirus infection rate is one of the highest in England.
It is believed that fashion designer Peter Dundas was in attendance at the dinner.
The former Roberto Cavalli designer shared a photograph of himself and Beatrice on Instagram that appears to have been taken inside the restaurant. In the photo, the two are wearing masks and standing close together not observing social distancing.
“Urban jungle,” Dundas wrote in the caption below. “Catching up w this lovely [sic]."
Neither Princess Beatrice nor Buckingham Palace have commented on the allegations.
However, a source told The Sun that Beatrice’s dinner had been a business event.
In tier 2, business meetings and lunches can take place indoors between people from other households.
However, they will still need to enjoy a substantial meal should they wish to drink alcohol and the rule is primarily aimed at those who are self-employed or freelance and therefore may not have a workplace where they can hold meetings.
The allegations against Princess Beatrice come after Rita Ora apologised after it emerged that she threw a private 30th birthday party at a restaurant in London’s Notting Hill during the second nationwide lockdown in November.
Pictures in The Sun showed a number of celebrity guests attended the event at Casa Cruz restaurant, including Cara and Poppy Delevingne.
Ora, who turned 30 on 26 November, was criticised for holding the event at a time where indoor gatherings of more than six people are banned.
In an Instagram Story, Ora said she was “embarrassed“ and “deeply sorry” for breaking the rules.
The Independent has contacted Buckingham Palace and Isabel for further comment.
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies