Police have charged a man with making “bomb hoax threats” and exhibiting “racially aggravated disorderly behaviour" in an incident in London over the weekend.
The Metropolitan Police said officers were called to a residential address in Southwark after reports of a disturbance at around 2pm on Saturday.
No injuries were reported in relation to the incident.
Officers, including an armed response team which was deployed as a precaution, remained on the scene on Saturday evening and were said to have been speaking to a man inside the property.
A number of nearby buildings were evacuated as a precaution and several roads were closed but police said at the time there was no wider risk to the public.
On Monday, police said 45-year-old London resident Dennis Pettard had been charged with several offences in connection with the incident, including “racially aggravated disorderly behavior with intent to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
The exact circumstances of the incident are still unclear, but police also accused the man of “making threats to kill” and “making bomb hoax threats”.
Mr Pettard was expected to appear in custody at Croydon Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
The Independent has contacted police for more information.