A mother who lost her unborn child in the Grenfell Tower fire has told those responsible for installing cheaper cladding: "You just killed my son."
Andreia and Marco Gomes, who lived on the 21st floor, escaped the tower with their daughters Luana, 12, and Megan, 10.
Medical discharge papers show Luana was treated for the effects of cyanide poisoning, which may have been released by burning insulation or plastic during the fire.
Ms Gomes and her daughters were placed in medically induced comas when they were admitted to hospital, as all were treated for risk of cyanide poisoning.
She was seven months pregnant at the time and lost her unborn baby, who had already been named Logan.
Ms Gomes told BBC Newsnight she felt deep anger towards officials responsible for allowing cheaper cladding to be placed on the tower, which was less fire-retardant.
She said: "When you go ahead ignoring something like that I feel that you don't care. You just killed so many people and you just killed my son.
"Because in a normal situation I could have gone out and her could have survived. But because of the conditions, he passed away.
"They said that they believed as the poison went in and settled in my body everything goes to the baby. After seven months the lungs of the baby start to develop.
"The amount that he received was enough to stop his heart."
Mr Gomes said: "I'm very angry with them because it could have all been avoided. Yes, it was an accident but it could have been avoided. It should never have happened like this."
He said he knew his son had not survived because of the way the doctors were talking.
He had to break the news to his daughters.
"We didnt use soft words. We didn't say her baby brother was sleeping with the angels. We used the real words and told her that Logan died and the reasons why Logan died.
"We were making plans - he can sleep with me. I'm gonna play with this and he can play with that.
"I knew something was wrong as soon as they told me that they need to protect the mother as a priority. I broke down because I knew what they were saying without saying it. And later on they said that the baby had passed away.
"They can't say 100 per cent but they said the heart just couldn't cope with the lack of oxygen the baby couldn't get."
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies