Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez split after two year engagement, reports say

Former baseball star proposed to singer in Bahamas in March 2019

Graeme Massie
Los Angeles
@graemekmassie
Saturday 13 March 2021 05:45
comments

Jennifer Lopez performs on Inauguration Day

Leer en Español

Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez have split up and called off their two-year engagement, reports say.

The stars have gone their separate ways after splitting “several weeks ago” an insider told CNN.

A Rod proposed to the Love Don’t Cost a Thing singer in the Bahamas in March 2019 after they had dated for two years.

But the pair postponed their wedding twice during the Covid-9 pandemic and said they would walk down the aisle “when the time is right”.

“It doesn’t seem like they will get back together,” the source told CNN and added that Rodriguez, 47, has been socializing without his fiancé in recent weeks.

On Friday the former New York Yankee star posted a picture of himself out on a boat.

“Don’t mind me, just taking a sail-fie,” he wrote.

Lopez, 51, posted a video montage of herself laughing on Thursday, with the caption: “Find a good reason to laugh today.”

The couple was pictured together in February in the Dominican Republic, where Lopez is shooting a movie project.

Lopez has 12-year-old twins with ex-husband Marc Anthony, while Rodriguez shares daughters Natasha, 16, and Ella, 12, with ex-wife Cynthia Scurtis.

Back in January, Lopez spoke about having repeatedly had to cancel their wedding.

“We postponed the wedding twice. We had planned what we really, really wanted to do, [but] I don’t know if we’ll be able to re-create that,” she told Elle.

“We canceled it, and since then we haven’t really talked about it. There’s no rush. We want to do it right when we can do it.”

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments