1. Which musical broke single-day sales records in March, taking more than £2m in less than 14 hours?
2. Name the Walthamstow-based gallery that won the Art Fund prize for museums and galleries in 2013.
3. Who starred as “Billy” in Martin McDonagh’s The Cripple of Inishmaan in June?
4. Name the Scandinavian character played by Sheridan Smith at the Old Vic.
5. Which production won best new play at the 2013 Laurence Olivier Awards?
6. Which cities from classical antiquity were featured in an exhibition by the British Museum?
7. In which Harold Pinter play did Kristin Scott-Thomas star?
8. Which painting by John Constable was defaced by a fathers4justice activist in June?
9. A piece of street art by Banksy on a London wall was stolen and reappeared at auction in Miami in February; which London borough was the piece taken from?
10. A 7 per cent Government funding cut was announced by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport in June. How much was the funding cut for Arts Council England and the national museums?
a) 10 per cent
b) 6 per cent
c) 5 per cent
11. Who played the title role in a performance of Macbeth (which ran in early 2013), set in a dystopian, independent Scotland?
12. Which famous fashion house will be funding the restoration of Marie Antoinette’s Versailles home?
13. Which political play focused on the iconic “tank man” image of Tiananmen Square?
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies