Tyson Fury calls Eddie Hearn an ‘absolute w*****’

Tyson Fury’s camp growing ‘pessimistic’ about Anthony Joshua fight ever happening

Fury’s co-promoter Bob Arum says his fighter is now considering a trilogy bout with Deontay Wilder after talks with Eddie Hearn went quiet

Sports Staff
Wednesday 28 April 2021 12:29
comments

Tyson Fury’s camp are growing “pessimistic” about his superfight with Anthony Joshua having not heard from Eddie Hearn in more than a week. 

Bob Arum, who co-promotes Fury in America with Frank Warren, claims Joshua’s promoter Hearn has gone quiet on the proposed heavyweight unification fight.

Reports this week suggested the deal had switched from a two-fight contract to a single bout and that negotiations were close to completion for the fight to be staged in Saudi Arabia later this year, with each fighter due to receive a minimum £75m. 

However, Arum says Fury is now considering a trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder, the American whom Fury knocked out in the seventh round of their fight in February 2020 to claim the WBC world title. 

“Maybe we’ll breathe some life into Wilder, and Fury will fight Wilder and Joshua will fight (WBO mandatory challenger Oleksandr) Usyk,” said Arum to BoxingScene.

“Eddie Hearn is busy trying to sell the London Bridge. Let me tell you – last time I talked to Eddie was early last week and he said he was going to have a signed agreement from the Saudis in 24 hours. Well, he’s a little late.

“Wouldn’t you be pessimistic if you haven’t heard from him or anybody for a week? We’re the promoter with Frank (Warren) of Fury and we haven’t heard from Eddie in a week.”

Wilder stoked the flames of a potential trilogy fight with Fury, posting on Instagram: “The action of harming someone because they have harmed oneself; Revenge.”

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments