Saudi Arabia's national football team has been criticised for failing to observe a minute’s silence for the victims of the London Bridge terror attack.
Australian supporters were left outraged ahead of the Fifa World Cup Asian Qualifying match between the two countries, when the Saudi Arabian players appeared to ignore the silence.
Images from the match show the Australian team lined up in the middle of the pitch, with the Saudi players choosing to finish their pre-match warm-up instead.
The Saudi substitutes did not stand for the silence.
The Australian soccer federation, known as FFA, said after the match that the Saudis knew about the plan to hold a minute's silence before Thursday's World Cup qualifying match but declined to participate.
"Both the (Asian Football Confederation) and the Saudi team agreed that the minute of silence could be held," the Australian federation said, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
"The FFA was further advised by Saudi team officials that this tradition was not in keeping with Saudi culture and they would move to their side of the field and respect our custom whilst taking their own positions on the field."
The Saudi team was immediately criticised on social media, with bewildered supporters calling on Fifa to take action on the national team.
"I hope Fifa call out Saudi Arabia on the clear lack of respect shown prior to kick-off," wrote one user. "Not participating in the minute's silence is disgusting."
Another fan wrote: "Minute's silence for London terror [victims], Saudi players wandering around like they don't give a f***. Saudi fans shouting the whole time."
Some users claimed that observing silences ahead of football matches was not a part of Saudi culture. But Saudi players and teams have previously observed such tributes, and Saudi side Al-Ahli Saudi FC paused for a minute of silence ahead of their Qatar Airways Cup match against Barcelona in December 2016.
The match was held at the Adelaide Oval with a minute of silence to commemorate the eight victims of the London Bridge terror attack. Two Australian citizens were killed in the attack.
Nanny Sara Zelenak, 21, was confirmed dead on Wednesday while nurse Kristy Boden was also killed in the attack, after running to help other victims.
Australia went on to win the Group B qualification match 3-2.