The midfielder has yet to put pen to paper on a new deal at the Emirates, with his current contract set to run out in the summer.
Earlier this month the 26-year-old, who rose up through the ranks at Arsenal’s academy system, outlined his desire to stay at the club – even in the wake of Arsene Wenger’s announced departure.
“Obviously the boss has left which has changed things a little bit because I don’t know who is going to be the manager next year and that can change things,” he said at the time. “But we are still talking and I am hopeful and the club is hopeful we can get something done.”
Since then, there has been little indication over whether or not talks between the player and the club have progressed.
But in a message posted on Instagram on Friday afternoon, the midfielder said he was ready to “embrace” the “new chapter” ahead of him – whether that’s as an Arsenal player or not.
Alongside a picture of him with two of his children, Wilshere said: “Proud of these two for the love they are showing for their [sic] new little sister. You bring so much happiness to my life and no matter what I’m going through, ups and downs, i know you will be by my side supporting me.
“As a new chapter is coming, we will embrace it together.”
Wilshere’s message comes in the wake of Unai Emery’s refusal to address speculation over the player’s future in his first press conference as Arsenal head coach on Wednesday.
“I want today to speak the team globally,” Emery said when pressed on Wilshere. “I don’t want to speak individually of players because all the meetings with Ivan [Gazidis], Raul [Sanllehi], Sven [Mislintat], this team is big.”
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies