Napoli warn 'Liverpool target' Lavezzi over conduct

Pa
Monday 08 July 2013 03:32
comments
Lavezzi is reportedly a target for Liverpool
Lavezzi is reportedly a target for Liverpool

Napoli have told reported Liverpool target Ezequiel Lavezzi to turn up for pre-season training on 10 July.

Lavezzi's demands for an improved contract were rejected by the Naples-based outfit and he has been linked with a move to Anfield this summer.

When asked about Lavezzi, Napoli general director Pierpaolo Marino said: "It's not war nor peace.

"The player will have to turn up for pre-season training on July 10 and that's that.

"If Lavezzi fails to turn up on that given date, then things would change."

The South American is under contract with the Serie A side until June 2013.

Earlier this month, Lavezzi's agent claimed Napoli apparently refused to enter negotiations with Liverpool over the possible transfer of the 24-year-old to Merseyside.

Lavezzi, who joined Napoli in the summer of 2007, scored seven league goals last season.

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments