Chelsea have still not received a satisfactory offer from Real Madrid for Eden Hazard, sources close to the situation say, despite the widespread expectation that he will move to the Bernabeu after the Europa League final.
The Belgian admitted he informed the Stamford Bridge hierarchy over his decision about whether to leave the club weeks ago, and personal terms have been agreed.
While the 28-year-old's contract means Chelsea are now willing to sell, since there is only a year left before he can go on a free, the club are insistent they receive what they feel is the right price.
There was some exasperation at reports in France that a deal had been agreed.
Chelsea want in excess of £100m.
Asked on Sunday whether Chelsea’s top-four finish could affect his future, Hazard said: “No. I don’t think so. I have made my decision, that’s it.”
Hazard said he had told the club: “A couple of weeks ago.”
He added: “We have a final to play and then I will see. When I am on the pitch I just try to do the best.
“I am not thinking about this and this, my situation or the club’s situation. I just try to win games.”
And Hazard admitted he had been keen to resolve his future earlier this season: “I wanted that but that’s not happened.
“I’m still waiting like you are waiting and like the fans are waiting.”
Sarri said: “Eden tried to do his best for seven seasons at Chelsea. He did very well, he has become one of the best two or three players in the world, but I think also that we have to respect him and his decision.
“I hope of course, like every fan of Chelsea, that he will remain with us. But at the moment I don't know."
Join our commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies