Liverpool transfer news latest: Dani Ceballos, Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Nicolas Pepe, Junior Firpo, Bruno Fernandes

Jurgen Klopp is looking to reinforce his Champions League-winning squad

Tom Kershaw@trlkershaw
Thursday 04 July 2019 13:24
comments
Liverpool victory bus greets thousands of fans in city centre

Liverpool are one of three clubs interested in signing Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos this summer, according to Marca.

The 22-year-old is available for around £45m this summer, with Arsenal and Tottenham also interested in the Spaniard who has been compared to Xabi Alonso.

Any hope of Philippe Coutinho making a shock return to Liverpool has been quashed after the Brazilian’s agent revealed that Barcelona will not sell him this summer.

“I talked a few days ago with Pep Segura at Barcelona,” Kia Joorabchian told RMC Sport.

“He told me that the club does not want to sell Coutinho this summer.”

Marca also reports that the Reds are ready to make their move for Real Betis full-back Junior Firpo, who has a €50m release clause in his contract.

The 22-year-old, who recently won the Under-21 European Championships with Spain, would come in as an understudy to first-choice left-back Andy Robertson.

Alberto Moreno’s exit at the end of last season means the Scottish international is the only left back in the first-team squad.

Junior Firpo is thought to be a target for Liverpool

Liverpool are not out of the race to sign Bruno Fernandes with Portuguese newspaper A Bola claiming the player’s agent will meet with Reds officials again this week.

Manchester United are thought to be leading the race to sign the £54m midfileder but neither club have made an official bid for the player thus far.

Real Madrid have reportedly accelerated their pursuit of forward Sadio Mane with Marcos Asensio an apparent carrot available in any swap deal.

The Express claim that Jurgen Klopp has long been an admirer of Asensio and Madrid believe including the 23-year-old can tempt the Reds to depart with the Senegalese international.

Asensio has fallen down the pecking order at the Bernabeu somewhat with Eden Hazard’s £150m arrival earlier this summer now another obstacle to first-team football.

However, the Reds are unwilling to part with the Senegalese forward for any price.

Coutinho will remain at Barcelona this summer

Rumours continue to swirl around a potential move for Lille forward Nicolas Pepe, with club president Gerard Lopez confirming that there has been “discussions with prestigious clubs.”

Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembélé has reiterated his desire to stay at the Catalan club and fight for his place, despite interest from both Liverpool and Bayern Munich.

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments