Southampton have reportedly told Chelsea that any move for Luke Shaw will set them back at least £25m.
The highly-rated teen was reportedly the subject of a bid from the Blues earlier in January but Chelsea were told that the player was not for sale.
However following the departure of Southampton chief executive Nicola Cortese, the London club are said to have renewed their interest.
With uncertainty reigning at Southampton, Chelsea could reportedly swoop for the teen who they see as a long-term replacement for Ashley Cole.
Shaw tweeted on Wednesday: "Gutted with that news, but would just like to thank Nicola Cortese for everything he has done for me and the club! All the best to him!"
Manchester United and Tottenham are also thought to be interested in Shaw who signed a new five-year deal with Southampton last July.
Join our commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies