Callahan’s fifth album under his own name in the eight years since the Smog lifted, sounds precisely as you might expect it to: drily humorous but essentially dark lyrics, delivered in that trademark detached baritone, while instruments from flutes to violins flitter fittingly (never a note out of place) in the background.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 23 March 2012
One man does more to shape our music industry than any other. As he begins another star search, the svengali talks to our guest editor David Walliams.
Saturday 17 March 2012
Outspoken scrum-half Lee Dickson tells Chris Hewett why Lancaster is the right man and why he always believed he could make it with England – even when others did not
Sunday 26 February 2012
Fashion: A warm Current is blowing in
Friday 24 February 2012
As thousands gather in Moscow, Shaun Walker asks how many were bussed in by the man himself
Sunday 12 February 2012
Slice Of The City: Rio de Janeiro - On a beachside walk through the world's most sensual city, Graeme Green finds music and fashion are still always the passion
Saturday 17 December 2011
Friday 29 April 2011
A Different Hat is that rarity, an album featuring the singer live in the studio with a full orchestra, in the manner once commonplace for an earlier era of crooners.
Friday 02 July 2010
Kings Go Forth are a Milwaukee retro-soul band with similarities to The Dap-Kings', but boasting a much more explosive, brash production style, with plenty of punchy Santana-like percussion, horn stabs and crisp drumming à la The Meters' Joseph "Zigaboo" Modeliste.
Sunday 11 April 2010
Tell me you saw this coming.
Friday 15 May 2009
Friday 24 October 2008
In his introduction to this slim volume, editor Barry Day tries to argue the case for Coward as a weighty thinker, deeper and more profoundly political than his lightning one-liners have led us to believe. Wit, Coward said, should be "a glorious treat like caviar", not "spread about like marmalade".
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white