A Muslim woman has been allowed to appear in court as a defendant and enter a plea without removing her full-face veil.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 29 October 2006
Tuesday 09 August 2005
Tuesday 03 May 2005
Friday 28 January 2005
Doubt has been cast on the theory that the Shroud of Turin is a medieval fake after an American scientist published new evidence supporting the hallowed belief that it is Christ's burial cloth.
Wednesday 15 September 2004
If the 35th Ryder Cup wanted to produce at least one sure-fire human drama here this week it would surely bend the rules of its most intriguing ritual. It would have the American and European captains, Hal Sutton and Bernhard Langer, break from the usual "blind" listing from one to 12 of their last day singles line-ups and place, by prior arrangement, the same number against the names of Tiger Woods and Colin Montgomerie.
Thursday 29 July 2004
Friday 25 June 2004
Friday 04 June 2004
Monday 19 April 2004
Monday 08 March 2004
Tuesday 06 January 2004
Monday 15 December 2003
Wednesday 24 September 2003
Wednesday 20 August 2003
Saturday 16 August 2003
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again, say analysts
Met Police confirm that there was a 'minor disturbance'
Trend which requires crisps, a fork and a strong stomach is sweeping Mexico's streets
George Lucas criticises the major Hollywood film studios
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'