More establishment than experimental, classifying the late composer is no easy task
Igor Fyodorovitch Stravinsky
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 23 June 2005
Wednesday 10 November 2004
On paper, this Queen Elizabeth Hall concert, put together by the period players of the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment and their joint principal guest conductor, Frans Bruggen, promised the ultimate postmodernist tease.
Wednesday 27 October 2004
Thursday 19 August 2004
You may think you know St John's Night on the Bare Mountain - to give Mussorgsky's satanic potboiler its full and proper name - but a few bars into the piece that opened this all-Russian, all-pagan, all-singing/dancing Prom, that which is so familiar is tossed back into the cauldron and comes out sounding, well, bewitched.
Monday 22 March 2004
Monday 01 December 2003
Tuesday 02 September 2003
Monday 18 August 2003
Sunday 03 August 2003
Tuesday 22 July 2003
Wednesday 25 June 2003
Friday 02 May 2003
Tuesday 22 April 2003
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night