Michael Kagan's oil painting was judged the most creative
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 18 February 2008
Simian Mobile Disco were early recruits to the Nu-Rave movement. James Ford and Jas Shaw were DJing as a sideline to vent frustration at the limits of a long US tour with their "real" rock band, Simian. That band fell by the wayside, as they combined pounding DJ sets with clipped song structures on last year's Attack Decay Sustain Release. The expectant crowd for this NME Awards gig supports the switch.
Monday 28 January 2008
The Sheffield indie rockers Arctic Monkeys look set to dominate this year's NME Awards after receiving a record seven nominations.
Sunday 09 December 2007
Sunday 28 November 2004
Saturday 08 June 2002
Monday 27 September 1999
Sunday 04 April 1999
Saturday 20 February 1999
Saturday 05 December 1998
Monday 30 November 1998
Sunday 11 January 1998
Thursday 08 January 1998
Friday 02 January 1998
Sunday 24 August 1997
Sunday 13 July 1997
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Winnie the Pooh banned from Polish playground for being 'inappropriate hermaphrodite'