The Olympic legacy means different things to different people, as we could see from the article on these pages earlier this month about the school that inherited the athletes' dining hall to use in place of its burnt-out arts block, .
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 09 March 1998
Sunday 08 March 1998
Thursday 05 March 1998
Thursday 26 February 1998
Thursday 12 February 1998
Monday 09 February 1998
Sunday 01 February 1998
Thursday 29 January 1998
Saturday 10 January 1998
Sunday 28 December 1997
Thursday 18 December 1997
Tuesday 09 December 1997
Friday 14 November 1997
Thursday 13 November 1997
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.