Megan Thee Stallion ‘grateful to be alive’ after being shot multiple times

‘I was never arrested. This whole experience was an eye opener and a blessing in disguise’

Louis Chilton
Thursday 16 July 2020 07:25
comments

US rapper Megan Thee Stallion has revealed that she was shot multiple times during an incident in the Hollywood Hills.

The artist said that she was victim of a “crime that was committed against me and done with the intention to physically harm me”.

On Instagram, the “Savage” star, whose real name is Megan Pete, wrote that she was ”grateful to be alive” after the shooting, which occurred last Sunday.

“I was never arrested, the police officers drove me to the hospital where I underwent surgery to remove the bullets,” she wrote. “I’m incredibly grateful to be alive and that I’m expected to make a full recovery, but it was important for me to clarify the details about this traumatic night.

“I’m currently focused on my recovery, so I can return back to my life and back to making music as soon as possible.”

The Los Angeles Police Department said rapper Tory Lanez was arrested last weekend on a weapons charge. Lanez was with Pete at the time.

Officers also confirmed that a person thought to be Pete had been taken to hospital with a foot injury.

In the social media post, Pete describes the experience as “an eye opener” and “a blessing in disguise”.

“I hate that it took this experience for me to learn how to protect my energy,” she wrote.

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments