The Independent’s journalism is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn commission.

Narcos star Pedro Pascal says Netflix series must end if cast and crew aren't safe

The show's location scout was found dead with multiple gunshot wounds earlier this month  

Jacob Stolworthy
Tuesday 26 September 2017 09:02
comments
Narcos Season 3 Trailer

Narcos star Pedro Pascal believes the Netflix series should end if the safety of cast and crew cannot be guaranteed.

On 11 September, Carlos Muñoz Portal - a location scout working on the show - was found dead with multiple gunshot wounds in a remote area near San Bartolo Actopan, an area said to have some of Mexico's highest murder rates.

The 37-year-old, whose previous credits include Sicario and Bond film Spectre, was on the hunt for season four filming locations just outside Mexico City.

Speaking to TMZ at an airport, Pascal stated simply: “We can't do it if it's not safe. We're talking about lives.”

When pushed to elaborate on his words, the former Game of Thrones star replied: “If they want to do it, they'll figure it out in a safe way.”

Reports suggest that production could move from Mexico to Columbia where the series, which formerly starred Brazilian actor Wagner Moura as Pablo Escobar, was originally filmed.

Muñoz was working on the upcoming fourth season which is said to explore the rise of Mexico's infamous Juarez cartel; season three - which was unveiled on Netflix earlier this month - tracks the rise and fall of Colombia's Cali cartel and the shift of the drugs wars to Mexico.

Follow Independent Culture on Facebook

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments