1. Who founded Industrial Light and Magic?
2. Joey is which celebrated fictional horse?
3. A game played by Charles II and his courtiers gave rise to the name of which London thoroughfare?
4. The first recording of a complete symphony occurred in 1909.
Which symphony was it?
5. Edward Estlin were whose first names?
6. Which pop singer was born Stefani Germanotta?
7. What are synchronous diaphragmatic flutters better known as?
8. It was first used at Houston Astrodome in 1966, and was patented a year later. What?
9. "A house is a machine for living in" was which architect's dictum?
10. Gisborne on the east coast of New Zealand's north island is known as the first city of what?
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies