Trial date set for man accused of burglary of home of England’s Raheem Sterling

The break-in happened in Oxshott, Leatherhead, and was reported to police on December 3 last year during the World Cup in Qatar.

Ben Mitchell
Thursday 21 September 2023 11:28 BST
Chelsea and England star Raheem Sterling (John Walton/PA)
Chelsea and England star Raheem Sterling (John Walton/PA)

A trial date has been set for a 23-year-old man who has been charged with conspiracy to commit burglary in connection with a break-in at the home of England footballer Raheem Sterling.

Emiliano Krosi, of Ditton Court Road, Southend-on-Sea, appeared at Guildford Crown Court to face 33 counts of conspiracy to commit burglary.

One count relates to the burglary of former Manchester City and current Chelsea star Sterling’s home, Surrey Police has said.

The break-in happened in Oxshott, Leatherhead, and was reported to police on December 3 last year during the World Cup in Qatar.

Judge Rufus Taylor adjourned the case for a plea hearing to taking place on November 3 and the two-week trial to start on February 14, 2024.

He told Krosi, who was brought to court from HMP Wandsworth: “We will see you for a further case management hearing on November 3, you will be brought from Wandsworth for that hearing.

“I have fixed a trial in case it’s needed for February 14 next year and that will be a 10-day fixed trial.

“In the mean time, you are remanded in custody.”

Sterling travelled home from Qatar to be with his family after news of the incident reached him, missing England’s 3-0 win over Senegal on December 4.

Support for the England international flooded in on social media at the time of the alleged burglary, including from football pundit Gary Lineker.

Thank you for registering

Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in