People who have lost their homes in the Grenfell Tower disaster may be rehoused in other areas of London.
Kensington and Chelsea Council said 110 households had been given temporary accommodation by Friday morning, and added that it is working to find more permanent homes.
But the authority's latest statement said: "While we will try do our upmost (sic) to ensure those affected remain in or near the borough, given the number of households involved, it is possible the council will have to explore housing options that may become available in other parts of the capital."
The households include people living in nearby blocks which have been evacuated because of the disaster.
Housing Minister Alok Sharma told MPs on Thursday that the Government guaranteed "that every single family" from the Tower will be rehoused in the local area.
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies