Here are the latest updates:
- Were you fooled by these April Fools' Day news reports?
- Nigel Farage outrages Ukip supporters with Remain tweet
- Everyone thinks Tories bringing in a living wage is a joke
- Google's Gmail feature had some unintended consequences
- ...and was taken down within hours of being launched
- A local paper was criticised for its Isis-themed fool
- The bizarre stories that really weren't April fools
- China wasn't impressed by 'Western April Fools' Day'
Ah, it's that time again. A time to laugh, to roll your eyes, to cry, to wade through 'funny' emails and cleverly-disguised texts, before wondering whether you really should have guffawed quite so openly at someone's pregnancy or engagement announcement on Facebook.
April Fools' Day sends us all into a bit of a spin, not least because of the lurking worry that it may not be a joke.
And so, to make the day of japes and jests a little easier to navigate (and to stomach), we've been through the very best - and worst - of the internet.
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies