Yaya Toure: Manchester City midfielder's agent says client will 'definitely' leave and has 'various offers' to consider

The 32-year-old's current contract at the Etihad Stadium expires in the summer of 2017

Mark Critchley
Monday 04 April 2016 16:31
Comments
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure

Yaya Toure’s agent has confirmed that his client will leave Manchester City at the end of the season and suggested that the midfielder has “various offers” to consider.

The 32-year-old Ivory Coast international’s current contract expires in the summer of 2017 but he now looks likely to leave the Etihad a year early.

Dimitri Seluk, his agent, claims negotiation with the club’s hierarchy have come to a standstill in recent weeks, meaning Toure – who joined from Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona for £24million in July 2010 – will play no part in his former manager’s first season in charge.

"He will definitely leave Manchester City, I can safely confirm that,” Seluk told FC Inter News. “Many offers have come in but we are still yet to make a decision regarding where he will play next season."

"Yaya is disappointed of course,” he is quoted as saying by Sky Sports. “But he is a professional and he remains under contract so he will continue to do his best for City."

"Various offers have arrived for Yaya and we're evaluating them, but no decision has been taken yet for next season," Seluk added.

Toure has been repeatedly linked with a move to Internazionale, where former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is in charge.

Seluk admitted that his client could potentially move to the Giuseppe Meazza but that a decision would be made based on the respective club’s “project”, rather than on financial reasons.

"Will the economic aspect make the difference? Absolutely not,” he said. “We don't put money before everything, but the project the club presents us. The best will convince us.

"Inter? We're definitely talking about a great club and everyone knows about the relationship between Yaya and Mancini, but like I've already said, we haven't made any decision yet.

"But I'll add that the Nerazzurri's project is great and Inter is a fantastic club. So it's normal that they want a player of this level."

Seluk previously declared Toure’s intention to leave City following the club’s announcement that Guardiola would take charge from the 2016/17 season.

Register for free to continue reading

Registration is a free and easy way to support our truly independent journalism

By registering, you will also enjoy limited access to Premium articles, exclusive newsletters, commenting, and virtual events with our leading journalists

Already have an account? sign in

By clicking ‘Register’ you confirm that your data has been entered correctly and you have read and agree to our Terms of use, Cookie policy and Privacy notice.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy policy and Terms of service apply.

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

Comments

Thank you for registering

Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in