Artistic Gymnastics is often one of the most thrilling and spectacular events, by nature of the athleticism and expertise of the participants.
Team USA star Simone Biles is the big attraction of the gymnastics world but has only competed once so far, pulling out of the team final after just one apparatus citing mental health concerns and problems with “twisties”.
She returns for the balance beam final on Tuesday after withdrawing from the individual finals in vault, floor and uneven bars.
The event finals will be spread across the course of a full week and the times given are BST and the anticipated start time. Individual nations and athletes will start at different times.
Here is a run-down of the Olympic gymnastics schedule in full for the women’s finals:
- Women’s team final at 11.45am on Tuesday, 27 July
- Women’s all-round final at 11.50am on Thursday, 29 July
- Women’s vault final at 9.45am Sunday, 1 August
- Women’s uneven bars final at 11.27am on Sunday, 1 August
- Women’s floor exercise final at 9.45am on Monday, 2 August
- Women’s balance beam final at 9.48am on Tuesday, 3 August
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies