The 50 Best Summer Reads
A good book is as essential as sun cream to any relaxing holiday.
Sophie Morris discovers what the lit-pack are taking to the beach
Saturday 20 June 2009
Click the image to the right to launch the 50 best Summer Reads
Leave your comments and suggestions below
This week's panel:
Alice O’Keeffe, the books editor of The Bookseller
Mishal Husain, BBC Broadcaster and Chair of the 2009 Orange Award for New Writers
Sarah Dunant, the author of Sacred Hearts, the final installment in her bestselling trilogy, out next week, Virago, £14.99
Kate Gunning, the head of buying at Foyles
Toby Bourne, the head of fiction and children’s buying at Waterstone’s
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for