The 50 Best Summer Reads
A good book is as essential as sun cream to any relaxing holiday.
Sophie Morris discovers what the lit-pack are taking to the beach
Saturday 20 June 2009
Click the image to the right to launch the 50 best Summer Reads
Leave your comments and suggestions below
This week's panel:
Alice O’Keeffe, the books editor of The Bookseller
Mishal Husain, BBC Broadcaster and Chair of the 2009 Orange Award for New Writers
Sarah Dunant, the author of Sacred Hearts, the final installment in her bestselling trilogy, out next week, Virago, £14.99
Kate Gunning, the head of buying at Foyles
Toby Bourne, the head of fiction and children’s buying at Waterstone’s
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- 3 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Two bailed after arrest over Twitter comments about Woolwich murder
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.